Pages

Friday 28 February 2020

Without the internet

Without the internet
I am encouraged
To be more prosperous and purposeful
To find a different kind of shelter

I am unable to tell the world
Of how I am feeling
Neither can I ask the souls of the world
What it is that they feel

Instead to tell the page
That the dream was repetitive
That it woke me at five
But then let me sleep again

Also to let the page know
That the sound of gulls
Always reminds me
Of days at the seaside

Yes, once I had a shelter
Within the iodine salted aroma
Of the sea or ocean
Where for a while time stood still

I was away from the world then also
Living, as they say
In the bubble
In the moment

And so I look to the leaves
Made to flicker by the breeze
I look at my neighbour's trees
And wonder if he is disconnected

I am not the hermit
Nor do I desire to be so
I have high hopes for conversation
Even for reconnection