Pages

Thursday 27 February 2020

A walled garden offering shelter

A walled garden offering shelter
But this time is not my time
Today is not my day of days
I need to arrange a more private visit

The flowers are awash
With every living colour
The pond is full-on black
As if filled with Pelikan Indian Ink

But this time is not my time
Today is not my day of days
So I shall make a singular visit
Or view my thousand photographs

It is true I came here not knowing
Uncertain of what I might find
In that way then the joy
Counteracts the disappointment

Yet to use that word
Is way less than fair
For the sun it was shining
And a shelter was already there

Though not for me this summer house
And not for many a day I fear
For the wall within a wall
Is one wall too many today my dear

My mind asks too many questions
I cannot find a place to sit
The construct holds too many suggestions
I cannot be at one with it

This was not my day of days
It was not the time to be my time one bit
I ought to consider a rearrangement
When body, mind, and soul are more fully fit