Pages

Thursday 20 February 2020

In my rightful righteous spot

In my rightful righteous spot
At the end of willow way
Where the Alpaca walks by
To stretch its legs

In that time, from the morning a while ago
To this time, in the here and now
The willows have grown considerably
Although I knew it in that previous moment

Today’s representation, or incarnation
Or maybe even manifestation
Would be a better word; no matter
For I know this to be a shelter

In much the same way
In which it makes me think
Of the mediation seating
In our own tended garden

Will it ever be joined over the top
Someone asks
As though always
We have the need to raise questions

I hadn’t thought on that
But of course, because
Once the seed is planted
I have no choice but to look at the sky

And wonder
How it would feel
To become enclosed
For my words to be hemmed in