Pages

Saturday 1 February 2020

Sat, in Highgate Cemetery

Sat, in Highgate Cemetery
By the imposing headstone of Karl Marx
A raindrop falls on my forehead
Here, in the ultimate place of shelter

There will be sleet falling
By the time we reach the East Gate
It is April, these are April showers
This shelter, it seems is a pilgrimage for many

But first to tell you of the shelter
Which brought me here
Chris Drury’s small exhibition
In the Avivson Gallery

Across the road
From the shop selling artisan bread
Where I had a scone
With blueberry preserves

Today the proprietor Janus tells me
A little of his story
Also he listens attentively
To a little of mine

He says that the large
Well framed signed print
Of a Chris Drury Echogram
Has sold for £15,000

A not dissimilar image catches my eye
It is entitled Everything / Nothing III
Though to my mind it could easily be named
Everywhere Nowhere / Another Shelter



Available from Amazon










 See more of Christopher's Work Here
See more of Christopher's work Here