Pages

Tuesday 17 March 2020

In Memory of Mike Sarne

It is a cool breeze
Which makes the outdoor seating
Slightly less than comfortable

It is the coloured water
Which keeps the birds away
From the shallows of the pond

It is the grand homemade sandwich
Which says to stay outside
Though I know I should be inside

And so soon I shall make that move
As the last bites of the apple
Are taken and consumed

The tea is heated in the microwave
A fig biscuit is placed on a plate
The sunlight’s trickery is forgotten

Sat at my indoor desk
I notice my neighbour’s patriotic flag
Which waves vigorously

What was a breeze is now a wind
What was a mighty fine lunch
Is now within the digestive tract

A lunchtime then to remember
If not one exactly
To go right to the core of my memory



Available on Amazon