Pages

Sunday 15 March 2020

Dear David

Dear David
My son and I
Have often visited
Salts Mill Gallery

First to see your
Various collections
As well as to taste
Their cafe’s finest offerings

In the early days
We would often see Jonathan Silver
Strolling around the books
And inspecting the tailoring

One time, on our way home
We got caught in the snow
We had to stay in a B&B near Haworth
Actually it was an old vicarage

With a long drive
And a large fire
We were made most welcome
It was a time for father and son bonding

Which I thank you for profusely
Kate and I went to London
To see your tree painting
It was quite an occasion

With the best Barolo wine
In the Italian restaurant
Where Piccadilly and Regent Street meet
Of course I know

We could have gone to
Leeds or Scarborough or Bridlington
To search out more of your shelters
For, thankfully, you have provided many