Pages

Wednesday 4 March 2020

If I don’t go

If I don’t go
Beyond the fence line
If I don’t ever
Go visit my neighbour
How could these places become
Truly worthwhile shelters
Then be thankful
That we had friends round
We fed them
And we plied them with drink
We had all manner of conversations
About various kinds of shelter
For one couple
Are going on a mid-life adventure
In a motor home
Whilst another pair
Are looking to buy a holiday cottage
A bolt hole so to speak
As opposed to a simple shelter
We, on the other hand
Already have our decking
Beside a pond with waterfall
We have the old stables
For writing groups and meditation
Our lounge has an overhead projector
I could say that we are pretty well sheltered
Another couple couldn’t be with us
They are on their way to Calais
Then onwards to Greece
Where they suggest we may meet up
Meanwhile they have left
Their log cabin keys
With a friend of ours
Should we wish to use their shelter