Pages

Monday 9 March 2020

I have it in mind

I have it in mind
That during September or October
I would merge
The present shelters for my poetry

So that all would become one
One shelter for all of my work
With all sensitivities
In the one place which is I

That is to say
A shelter without compartments
Without ledges or shelves or badges
To help ordering or cataloguing

A shelter
Perhaps with more explanations
Perhaps with photographs or tokens
If appropriate, or if of importance

There would be space also
For meditation
As if an holy shrine
To visit with some reverence

It is easier to think on this
Having just visited
The chapel and the beach
To write a few poems

Now, from this vantage point
High above the villas
And the swimming pools
It is easy to cast out the idea

For a poetry shelter
A veritable hybrid of a vessel
For my donkey’s years worth
Of indiscriminate, or indistinguishable poems