Pages

Friday 17 January 2020

The opportunity to work

The opportunity to work
Is the thing which intrigues me
Can I do it, can you do it, can we do it
Without our too too easily
Becoming distracted, or dismayed

Today’s interference is from Belgium
A sampler CD from Everything Is Low
Purchased, whilst searching
For Everything Is Slow

Yet it is only one mischief of many
For I also have a recollection of seeing
Mr Drury’s Basket For Crows
In an exhibition in York

Also, in the same place
Almost for certain
I saw sculptured railway sleepers
Which in turn takes me to my pond project

I could make a box
Out of wood
With one low side
To act as the waterfall

So slow was the mindful eating
That I did not finish
Either the biscuit or the coffee
Before I got up to go

Later, sat in the same room
Watching YouTube music videos
Before Netflix shows me the photographer
Who, at the height of his career

Lost the use of his camera arm
He turned to yoga and meditation
To find new shelters for his talents
As I too had done, those many years ago


Available from Amazon














 See more of Christopher's Work Here
See more of Christopher's work Here