Pages

Wednesday 29 January 2020

I may not be here always

I may not be here always
But I am here right now
I don’t step on diamond causeways
But do feel near myself somehow

It is true I was once in Vienna
For a little while
Soon I will go to Sienna
To savour the Italian style

Railway carriages will be my shelter
For mile on Tuscany mile we ride
A smile for this springtime delta
With the mother of the bride

Not that I could help her
For the daughter is in charge
And in that heat we may swelter
While the vino is served so so large

These are different days
Than what they might have been
Yes, these are convoluted ways
The like so so seldom seen

The path could have gone elsewhere
The shelter not so secure or calm
A passion still to find there
To walk out arm in arm

But with neither land nor money
The prospects were not so bright
Far from the milk and honey
It became hard to see the light

I may not have been here always
Though I am here right now
I didn’t see the diamond causeways
But did find myself somehow


Available from Amazon










 See more of Christopher's Work Here
See more of Christopher's work Here