Pages

Monday 20 January 2020

I had set myself up

I had set myself up
I had followed previous pathways
I had engineered the circumstances
I had encouraged myself to be vulnerable

Who is this I
Who does not let go of past pleasures
Who is this I
Who does not hang on to present situations

It is not the time for shadows
Neither is it the time for daylight
It is not the time for doubt
No, but it is time to polish the certainties

Do I mean to polish the certainties
Of a time which I cannot yet remember
Or do I mean to polish the certainties
Of the here and the now

The book on my lap is titled
100 Years of Art in Britain
I thought it might lead me to Chris Drury
Even though the centenary concluded in 1988

In 1985 it celebrates Tim Head’s Erasers
Which is also on the front cover
Thereby providing repetitive homage to
 ‘the world’s final balance continued existence

There is, or so it seems so far
No continuation of the trail to Friston Forest
Or at least no sign of the continued existence
Of Shelter for Dreaming, or its heir apparent


Available from Amazon














 See more of Christopher's Work Here
See more of Christopher's work Here