Pages

Saturday 18 January 2020

I couldn’t help myself

I couldn’t help myself
But to elevate the pond
Now the blackbirds
Come here to join me
To duck, to waddle
To shake themselves all over
Today a new one arrived
More pristine, more reserved
Than his friend, who he watches
This pond then, in 2019
Has become their shelter
Especially in the sunshine
Such as there is today
Also the lawn has been mowed
The waterfalls and fountains
Are in full working order
If there was a building inspector
I think he would sign the job off
Although I myself can see
One or two places for improvement
A few more stones, a few more pebbles
A flatter spirit-level top-line
All around the periphery
Such details might be lost on you
But to the artisan who knows
They would draw some comment



Available from Amazon














 See more of Christopher's Work Here
See more of Christopher's work Here