Pages

Thursday 30 January 2020

In today’s meditation

In today’s meditation
I ended up back in the Bow room
It was not as intended
I meant to go somewhere altogether different

That a previous incarnation of meditation
Was stronger
Than the recently viewed images
May say something about my mind

About the flexibility, or the lack of
For the fixations previously fixated
Or perhaps of being nearer to a truth
Than the truth I choose not to let go of

Yet, as Maslow says
I can be both engineer and poet
Which in this instance I take to mean
I can be both meditator and voyeur

That I choose to light up my life
Or I could say, that I choose to take shelter
In that which can no longer be reached
Also may say something about my mind

About its complications or its simplicity
About its divergence or its convergence
About its old habits or its new explorations
About its lack of, or its depth of memory

Back then to the Bow room
The feeling of welcome, of security
A still place, yet with huge windows
To watch the world pass by

As those womenfolk did
With their wheelbarrows
Transporting hardcore
With occasional breaks for a cigarette

As they construct
The pathway
To the old church or
The new contemplation shelter


Available from Amazon










 See more of Christopher's Work Here
See more of Christopher's work Here