Pages

Saturday 13 April 2024

Reaping Rake

Your lips were shielded

My attempted kiss was fielded

I was at mid-on, you were in the deep

Have you lost the ache

Or did I make a mistake

Was another known, sown to reap


Your lips were dry

My finger tips did try

I was in a spot; you were playing a sideways shot

Have you lost the ache

Or did you make, on purpose take

A solemn aplomb chastity vow


Your body wandered

My advances squandered

I was seeping, you were wicket-keeping

Have you lost the ache

Or were you playing the long game

No time for a quick one, as slow coming she came


Your last defence was tested

Tip of tongue, engaging, redemption rested

Your lips moist to wet, tongue tip nest and set

Was it lust or just a mistake

Afterwards you, did you ache

One more fallen swollen reaping rake