Pages

Friday 25 June 2021

Sleep Is Good

I talk to my meditation teacher
About falling asleep during meditation
She gives the thumbs up

Indeed she says it is a good thing
So what do you know
If the very next morning

I don’t just go and fall asleep
And put another hour
Onto my Insight Timer record

If this is me being open
Expressing my fears, or restraints
Might I apply the technique in other areas

For instance if I write about my constipation
Might my movements
Become easier and more regular

And, if Lily Allen is to become the spokeswoman
For women’s masturbation
Might I apply for the men’s variate position

Also, now that I have come across
A rhyming dictionary, isn’t it time 
That I got off my high-horse and started using it

Of course all of this is skirting the issue
For I am damaged goods
I have been hurt, and not found recovery easy

Which is often why others wonder
What on earth I am thinking about
When clearly I am not in the present moment