Pages

Wednesday 2 June 2021

Inside Out

The goodness of men and women
The gentleness of men and women
The varied lives of men and women

My words, sincere and heartfelt
Straight out of endoscopy; one probe
From the top, one from down below

Professor Anwar set the scene
Although the nurse before him
Put me at ease with her cheerful manner

But it was the Prof. (I heard others say this)
Who talked the talk before he walked the walk
All the while keeping me informed

And now I look at Jung’s book
And wonder if I might start
My one on one meditations again

For I have a certainty
That my peace and calm
Throughout the procedure also came from within

From my breathing
From my loving kindness
From all the years that my contemplations taught

Such that I might make a trip
To the Abbey in November or December
Investigative results permitting, that is