Pages

Friday 18 June 2021

On Your Way

One step after the next
Out through the big door
Across the paved forecourt
Should I go to the bookshop
Or the refectory
Or perhaps a little further
To the post office
To buy a book of stamps
And to post my lover a letter

I have the time, today
Today time is not an issue
If in truth it ever was
Other than in my receptacle mind
Even when, just as with money
I craved to be the one in control
Now though, that is nowadays
I have the luxury, without income
To let go of the chase

Not that I have financial wealth
Although I do live month to month
Or year to year
By that I mean not ‘day to day’
I can no longer travel the world
Due to fiscal and physical limitations
But I am able, and I do go, virtually
Everywhere, everywhere where, my mind
My memories, and my life might suggest