Pages

Thursday 9 February 2023

Plans, Christopher; They Are For Changing

A morning for organisation - of sorts

Updates to the weekly planner

Recognising those things which I do do

Acknowledging those things which clearly I don’t

Making the necessary promises to myself


I am supposed to be compiling a database

From the year dot to the year whenever

But as an integral part of the process

I foolishly determined to rewrite

All of the poems, yes, every last one


In a way that is how this book started; I was intensely

Frustrated by the years before two-thousand and five

My records where at best spasmodic, at worst absent

So, if I was going to be rewriting the old poems

Then why not simply start anew, with fresh words


Of course, as often happens, the plot thickens 

So now I write of the events of 2004 but in 2018

Yet I also include words from reference sources

Which I have to tell you, I had not thought to access

Back in the day so to speak


But right here, right now, I can’t help myself

For as much as the vulva nostalgia works for me

I am also attracted by the world of psychology

The psychoanalysis of what goes on

In this fruitful little mind of mine