Pages

Tuesday 3 January 2023

Weekends and vacations

I leave myself hung so far out

I could be placed there to dry

But instead, if my feelings 

I don’t let you astride


If my thoughts and hopes

Schemes and dreams

I do not open up for show

Then what will we bestow


What could we have become

How would we be the same

If nothing to do with being up above

If nothing to do with being in love

First thought would be nothing at all

And if that’s what it is, that is the call

But this is no ultimatum

Although a reply would be nice


This is no whinging sojourn

Into some soliloquy

I could bring you flowers

But that’s not what I meant


I’m trying to be wide open

Though not full-on letting go

I’m trying to find new found freedom

Yet also have the best of both


A female poet said to me

That when a woman says goodbye

Then usually it’s for forever

Because

It’s taken so long for her to say go


I don’t know if that’s true

I don’t know if it’s true for you

Or if it’s true at all

It seems quite unforgiving

A funny way of living


I hope we can

Occasionally be together


Yes that’s what I hope

And how far out goes the tether

Well I can but only hope


But I do agree


That constantly in one space

The place that for neither then is home

And it’s right that it’s your place

And that it’s up to me to roam


But I will have vacations

And weekends away

You know I’d like to visit

You know I like to write


I hope that

This is no intrusion

Let there be

No confusion


I do still love you

I love a you

That you don’t even know

That I know



Available on Amazon