Pages

Friday 13 January 2023

None of these I’ve done

Holy be

Uncertainty

What on earth

Came over me


Listen to another

Converse with your mother

Rub shoulders with your brother

None of these I’ve done


Would it be too much trouble

Double back and shave the stubble

Start anew our efforts to redouble

What I knew so very little of


The soft flicker of firelight 

Toys afloat on bath night

Stories read of prayers in flight

Where on earth as it led


Then not so self-inspired

You alone retired

Left the love once desired

To ask so so many questions



Throw more slack on the boiler

No matter the cloak of fur

You truly cannot spoil her

She’s polished up real class


Bunting and flags

Rich red velvet rags

The huntsmen on the nags

Filled with full-on brandy


Lords, ladies and sly serfs

Servants, cooks and jobs-worth

We won the war on and off the turf

Now let’s go get randy


We’ve stabled the horse

Closed the door of course

But lest we bolt away in remorse

Let’s talk, of love once more


Holy be

Its uncertainty

Now he wants to talk of love to me

None of these I’ve done



Available on Amazon