Pages

Monday 2 January 2023

In a philosophic way

I’ve swapped my touch of love

For one that’s unrequited

I’ve swapped my near you love

For now I’m uninvited


Though unrequited is quite handy

You’re with me now I’m sure

Yes uninvited is quite handy

Sitting on the southern shore


I’ll steal from Mister Arnold

I’ll steal from Master Keats

Yes unrequited is quite handy

When stealing from the Beats


It is a new found freedom

Writing what and when I like

The spite and haste are put aside

On this new found magic carpet ride


It is a somewhat different Journey

Not known in the several stages of grief

It is a distinct overtly stranger journey

My past mind kind of that I leave


Rattle on the rail track

Verges merge behind

Chattel’s up the smoke stack

Uninvited; do you mind, thank you kind


I’ve read all the papers

Cheap at half the price

Reading rooms are quite a caper

Unrequited; don’t ask twice, that’s nice


The tone is turned and twisted

Freedom once again to roam

The tome is weighted, but I’m not listed

I wonder, but only in a philosophic way



Available on Amazon