Pages

Sunday 1 January 2023

Landing Stage

I’d like to be your lover

I’d like to take you out to tea

Perhaps one day

To meet your mother

Does this all sound far too twee


We’d writhe and roll

In frenzied

Rampant passion

Cling on; nails engaged

As love’s juices flow


Afterwards a cigarette

Steady now

Can you put a mash on

Slap our thighs

Out loud laughs


Smiles gin sloe

You could see me

In my dorm

From what I hear

(The walls are thin you see)


It’s quite the norm 

Come up early

The sooner we can be free

It’s a pipe dream that I know

But pipe dreams


Sometimes have an afterglow

Motorway services

Saturday morning

Mythic garden

Morning dew


Middle-aged

And middle 

England

It’s not a crime

Its criminology


To leave 

These thoughts sublime 

I hope you smile

Before you turn the page

Loud with laughter


Another daft idea

It’s grim up north you see

Another landing stage

Purposefully crafted

Just to catch her



Available on Amazon