Pages

Wednesday 5 August 2020

Route One

So it isn’t meaning or understanding
Which I strive for
Indeed it could fairly be said that I often
Shy away from meaning or understanding

Instead it is a feeling which I hope to evoke
Or more importantly
A feeling which I hope to be able to walk among
Or bathe in, as I write the words I write

The light dims, the breeze picks up
The weather is on the change
A change which may well take me with it
At that very moment the thought

Of the mountain and the river enters my mind
From where and how I know not
The breeze will become a wind
On its continuum, how might I discern

The tipping point of this transformative force
So it is observation, of that which is for itself
Outside of me, which now fuels this writing
Yet also there must be speculation, for how else

To extend the pathways on which I wish to walk
But for now it is interference which halts me
Angst at sounds neither clear nor valedictory
Then to step back, to stop even, although actually

To find a diversion, with new possibilities, instead