Pages

Saturday 1 August 2020

In Place Of What

I, now
Don’t know
If ever I could
Work myself up
From a loss of faith
To the place that science
And reason are what bind me
To the beautiful world as I live in
Yet I am happy to take the stillness
And quiet meditation as a certain way
To help me to focus and to shape my day
I have a path laid out in front of me already
Which does include lots of spirituality and love
The poets, and the thinkers, and the writers advise
And educate me, they do help to inspire my daily life
Why then a need for an omnipresent supreme deity
Who for I never could have been the great creator
Or the saver of souls; to my mind it is way more
Than a seven day job; even the books on my
Shelves would take a year or more to read
Yet I acknowledge that there is a beauty
For those who follow what is admirable
If entirely beyond my understanding
Now back to the purpose of writing
Which is joy in the celebration
Of the new day, bathing in
The light which nature
Provides our planet
Also many others

I don’t believe
Neither do I believe
That I
Or that we
Are alone here