Pages

Sunday 8 January 2017

She Chooses I Choose

She chooses music to play on her stereo
I choose to write about you before you go

She chooses to kneel in bare feet
I choose your footprints in the wet sand
She chooses Aztec designs for her fabrics
I choose the gold reflection in your suntan

She chooses partly painted floors of blue
I choose turquoise as a reminder of you at your best
She chooses a ruffled simple cotton top
I choose to undress you to gently caress your breasts

She chooses to let her hair fall on to her shoulders
I choose to think of your hair held with a velvet slide
She chooses to reach right out with her left arm
I choose to think of you as you slowly draw me inside

She chooses to keep books beneath her sofa
I choose to cherish and posit those books you bought
She chooses music to listen to played on her stereo
I choose to write for you about you the you I caught