Pages

Thursday 12 January 2017

Recital I

I drank a good few beers
On Kate Harrison's
First ever Acoustic Music Night

I listened to the Ukulele Band of Louth
Then to my friend Peter Conner
Sing his self-penned soul searching
Next up was Jake Newby
Singing about what he'd seen on TV
Before David with his rumbustious trombone
Joined in with Peter and Alan on drums
For a touch of jazz a tumult of improvisation
Then it was the poets turn
I read Tonight I Can Write The Saddest Verses
By the Chilean poet Pablo Neruda
I was there in the moment lapping up the applause
Before reading my own poem Spring In Winter
I was enlivened as I introduced John Scarborough
Who read his light hearted Lakeland pub poem
About two walkers losing their map then losing their dog



buy the book at createspace

listen to christopher read on bandcamp