Pages

Monday 9 January 2017

Plasterer

I had read in David Lynch's book Catching The Big Fish that it was important to put plenty time aside if one wanted to be creative

He suggests if I understand him right that at least four hours of preparation are needed for each and every hour of creativity

With this in mind I planned to spend the all of Monday morning in the Old Stables doing some recording of my poetry and doing some clay work forming

As it happened I began writing in bed almost as soon as I woke and as soon as I rose the plasterer was knocking on the door for he had come to finish off the spare bedroom ceiling

He wasn't due to arrive until the afternoon but hey ho with the best laid plans of mice and men my plans were scuppered odd how I find it difficult with anyone else in the house to truly engage or infuse myself in creativity

I did take the time to visit St Petersburg via Google Maps then to add a few racy words to my novella



buy the book at createspace

listen to christopher read on bandcamp