Pages

Monday 30 January 2017

Ironing

We are going on vacation soon
I have to pack my bags on Sunday
I've been busy washing
Now there's stuff to iron
There's ironing all around the room

Blue denim jeans to go with white cotton shirts
Stiff single collars
With Charles Tyrwhitt's stamped metal inserts
The Levi's hems are fraying
Also on the pocket and up by the crotch

Wear is clearly on display
A dark blue top to go with the indigo corduroys
Soft merino wool for a would-be compassionate boy
The cords are from M&S their very best line
I should look good hopefully I will feel refined

Thick and thin socks and underwear of various kinds
Boxers and trunks from silks towards the sublime
Also the ones you wear when you stand in line
There's checks and there's plains and those without taste
Presents and purchases gifts perhaps chosen in haste


buy the book at createspace

listen to christopher read on bandcamp