Pages

Saturday 14 December 2013

Thurlestone Beach

For a moment I was on the seas edge
With no regrets on not venturing out
For with that brief image you carried me

I was taken, in sunshine and darkness
Besides calm waters, and wild oceans
With friends & family & lovers & children

I could tell you of one particular evening
Late at night, with my not yet teenage son
Throwing pebbles absently to a winters surf

That you might detect a sadness
Is neither fortunate nor unfortunate
Truth is what happens; that time happened

Now it is in two peoples
Direct memories
No more to it than that

That it can make those two people cry
Twenty-five years later
That is the thing of love


Cut It - Love of Perfumed Grains of Dust
Christopher's Poetry collections can be found on iTunes and on Kindle by clicking the highlighted links