Pages

Friday 13 December 2013

Resolve

I am not so good at conversation
Thousands of hours, alone in my car
Have taught me only to listen

No clues about how to respond
You said my responses ended conversations
That though is a different skill

Learnt through business negotiations
Thousands of put downs; ideas crushed
Before they had a life to fly

With such darkness
Inherent in my veins

I have to relearn conversation
Become closer to being human
Would that you be would be there

Hitch me up when the rolling stops
Nudge me when the jukebox sticks
Persuade me with a smile and a hug

I will leave the car at home
Put on my walking shoes
& listen to you, while we’re strolling


Cut It - Love of Perfumed Grains of Dust
Christopher's Poetry collections can be found on iTunes and on Kindle by clicking the highlighted links