Pages

Monday 9 December 2013

Duration

I was going to go away to write this letter
It is a letter I did not intend to send
My mistake, I thought things were getting better
A not unusual delusion; that life was on the mend

Dreaded thoughts of ultimate untimely conversation
I browse my way to some others Summit Ridge
Where the purest of snow, in waves is drifting
As I walk & hold the palisades of Valley’s Bridge

I see their smiles, toned by stone-cold, brazen bodies
Read too deep into their tales of fevered hearts
Remember, as beside you, I too once stood standing
Resolutely playing out those fearful downbeat parts

Within, the faint signs of settle-soft wishful feathers
No mind how the stories are swished to blend
Take it on my dearest; measure for measure
It is just a letter, a letter to a loving friend


Cut It - Love of Perfumed Grains of Dust
Christopher's Poetry collections can be found on iTunes and on Kindle by clicking the highlighted links