Pages

Friday 28 June 2024

These are only words

Wherever you are now

Whatever your circumstance

Reading my words

You only have from me my words


This sound I hear

This inclination dear

Into ether disappears

Into only my words


I could try to pace

Run then such a race

This space embrace

But still you only have my words


I could remind you of a picture

Dedicate colours richer

Embroider with stitch and pitcher

Only for you to only have my words


Recreate a journey

Pray up to eternity

Praise gods gift maternity

But still you only have my words


Seems your help is needed

Your adoption and adaptation pleaded

Between the lines re-seeded

Making more than only my words


Turn this into meditation

Find your cross, fix your station

Deliver to your inner nation

Staying, saying only with my words


Slow down now

Introduce your own sounds around

Hear that distant bell

Foretell your shell around my words


Slow down again

Listen to the raindrops

Splash your playful puddles

Wash your water over my words


Slow down to a whisper

Kiss the touch that missed her

Remember your mother, your sister

Bring your family into my words


Now you are calm and serene

Feeling goodness in between

Your soul and body clean

Sheen your sparkle on my words


Tomorrow we’ll do the jazz

The rock and the razzamatazz

Nights out with the lads

Blast my words loud into the night


We’ll pour the wine and whisky

Move up close, get frisky

Forget who takes the biscuit

Recall my illicit words


In front of the magistrate with remorse

Your honour, sorry; of course, of course

We were pretending, like the bourse

Reciting only my words


In prison cell and courtyard

Dwelling on what is, and what might have been

You thought it was the truth you’d seen

But it was only only my words


Back at the beginning

A chorus chord for singing

In your ears you can hear them ringing

These are only my words