Pages

Saturday 8 June 2024

Setting simple preparations

Distraction; rise early in the morning

Without outward conversation

Conversing in silence, in prayer

Minds in a meditative clean slate state

Washed by our own meandering

Centred, entering nothingness, not loss


Making space for some other, another’s message

Making space for some other, another’s invitation

Making space and ambiance to surround you

Clear mind for to think, think clear thoughts through

Think without sinking down to the inner depths

Or climbing false escalations, or wieldy expectations

Setting simple preparations


To raise a tide on an even keel

Not stealing another’s visualisations

Except for some that share the cross

But it does’t need to be religions

And it does not necessarily mean faith

What it is that I am after

Is not to be led, not led nor fed, by distraction


To derive salvation, discovering inner satisfaction

From doubt without to an inner clarity of vision

A lucidity returning, thoughts thought that I’d lost

Brooding for another’s group I’m now removing

Wood shedding this blessing I’m smoothly grooving

How, you know, watch me let my best friend grow

How, let my friend remember, let go, for to grow