Pages

Saturday 11 May 2019

Times And Tasks

The old poems are the old poems
Their titles say much of my thinking; for example
Yorkshire Love Poems & Other Desperate Stuff

They too will be revisited, to find provenance
Also to examine the detail, the rationale
To find the unknown in the unknown

What of the river, for there may be one
What of the brackish water, how far to the sea
What of the writer, so so far into his own lifetime

Here I am to write, for several days, for several nights
Relentless, as the silver sky begins to enter
I could sleep, but then I would have to wake

The alternative is to drink coffee, or take a bath
There is no bath, but one could go for a walk
Though downhill there, also means uphill back

I could work on my collection, however
First I would care for the tutor's feedback
My tutorial is due just after four

There is a collective, I do not feel inclined to join
Yet know that others would wish that for me
With little sense of, or for, my own self-regard






















Happenstance in Heptonstall
Poems Started at Lumb Bank
Arvon 2018