Pages

Friday 31 May 2019

AWOL Until

Beneath my window there is laughter, joyous conversation, but I am not among it; of course I could, as if on an Easter morning, lift the sash, poke out my head; but I don’t.

There is a leftover glass of wine, in the room next to the breakfast table, most probably from an evening gathering; I did not attend, but stayed in my room, above the interaction.

There are books in which to write, also books for the reading of; I have partaken of both, tasted the elixir if you will, but I won’t remember, once I have returned home, unless…

Sunlight falls on the variegated leaves, as chocolate fills my imagination; tonight I will be here, probably speaking out loud; however, tomorrow I will be making fresh tracks.






















Happenstance in Heptonstall
Poems Started at Lumb Bank
Arvon 2018