Pages

Monday 6 March 2017

Release

I am letting go
I am loosening up
And then the smoke alarm goes off
I am downloading
I am uploading
Then I get a chair to stand on to reset the alarm
I am hopeful
Until I get a message
There is a broken pipe the upload has failed
I may well have to start all over again
But at least the download is completed
So I can turn away from the laptop
And reboot the desktop computer
Such that Kate's iPod might be updated
Having been out of use for a few weeks
Whilst we waited for the special connector
Required to connect her music
To the new German car
iTunes is ready apparently
Although the iPod still needs to charge
Itself also having been out of use for a few weeks
So now I am in limbo
And all that's left able to be done
Is to finish off this now downbeat poem
Which in truth started life so full of hope



buy the book at createspace

listen to christopher read on bandcamp