Pages

Sunday 12 March 2017

Elsewhere

Is where I might have been
Or where I might have been thought to have been
Even where I might have hoped to have been

Yet I was only there for a moment
Before the vanishing trickster
Performed his vanishing trick

Moving me on elsewhere
To where the good drummers drummed
To where the good vibrations vibrated

And in doing so seemingly caused the dogs to bark
The lawnmower engines to start
And the roll-along refuse wheelie-bins to be collected

I want to be elsewhere I silently chanted
To be where I might have been
Or to be where I might have been thought to have been

Even to be where I might have hoped to have been
Where I would have hoped to stay longer
There I would no longer have searched to be elsewhere

buy the book at createspace

listen to christopher read on bandcamp