Pages

Wednesday 8 March 2017

Ampleforth

It is the singing of the monks
Which reminds me today of your gracious space
For I am hundreds of miles away
On the journey to horse racing at Goodwood

Meanwhile my partner swims in a lake
In the Carcassonne region of France
And others who I might also wish to think about
Well they are more distant
Yes in so many ways they are far more distant

So it is to your place which I return
To stand again in the breath of your silence
To engage or to let go
During my morning meditation

As I ponder on visiting the sculpture gardens
And remember that time before
When the gates were locked and all we could do
Was to imagine what might lay within
Or to contemplate on what might stand beyond



buy the book at createspace

listen to christopher read on bandcamp