Pages

Thursday 9 March 2017

Dew

The dewdrops I notice sparkle in the grass
As the sunlight approaches my feet
I think to take off my shoes and socks
To feel the morning on my body
In point of fact I do that right now

I walk in bare feet around the garden
First I feel the warmth on my side
As I pass the pampas grass
Then I realise that the ground is damp in parts
More so than in others where the shade by now has lifted

I return towards the bench
And note the sunlight dancing among the plum's leaves
Which in turn by the time I sit down again to write
Are casting their shadows of joy
Onto the pure white paper

The stone slabs beneath my feet are cold stone cold
Yet the birds in the apple trees and beyond
They do not know this for their air
In their territory is already warm
Their dew has today already lifted


buy the book at createspace

listen to christopher read on bandcamp