Pages

Saturday 18 February 2017

Temple

If I found myself on the mountain
If I found myself inside or outside the temple
Would I be any closer to the soul of my self
Than I am in these fifteen minutes
Of sound supported meditation

If I listened to the high altitude winds
If I gazed out over the slowly rolling mists
Would I be any nearer to my own self-discovery
Than I am with the free-flowing thoughts
Of my early morning sitting

If I ventured once again to the abbey
If I entered into those foreboding religious quarters
Would I challenge myself any more
Than I do in the peacefulness
Of this room in my home

If I remained then and did not leave
If I opted instead for renegotiation
Would I stumble upon a more settled solution
Than I do on my own
Within my own self



buy the book at createspace

listen to christopher read on bandcamp