Pages

Wednesday 1 February 2017

Rain

Last night the rain came after several days of sunshine
Monotonous days of waking up to blue skies
And then the rain came
And didn't it half enter the fray
Before the days light had completely faded
I would have said torrential
Yet this morning it doesn't appear so
What with the delicate yellow sunflower
Still upstanding and smiling
Nevertheless the rain did fall straight
I think I've heard it said like stair-rods
And the rain it was heavy
Yet no sound of thunder
Nor any sight of lightning
Even the skies
Were not at all that dark
Neither were they threatening
So then this is just the earth
Cleansing itself in the same way
In which I will shortly shower
But first to tell you
This day it is still the sky is mostly blue
With only a few wisps of cloud
The grass isn't completely dry
But I guess it will be before this day is seen out


buy the book at createspace

listen to christopher read on bandcamp