Pages

Tuesday 14 February 2017

Referendum (Inconsiderate Considerations)

The day that I began this piece of writing my country had voted to leave the European Union
I now notice that the foreign exchange plummeted stocks and shares took a ten per cent dive although the man from the Pocket Watch company said that they will soon bounce back and true to his word about the engraved watches (christening presents for my grandchildren) within the hour he had despatched the goods according to the email he sent

Kate and I were both in favour of remaining in the EU yet we live in a part of the country where almost three-quarters of those who voted chose to vote to Leave perhaps we should move to a Remain stronghold maybe to Scotland or Northern Ireland although already I understand the demand for Irish passports is growing strongly

Yet it's also like this you see for last night I set up the tables out in the Old Stables for our poetry and creative writing workshop I put the three old birdcages bought from a shop in Cleethorpes who had converted them into candle holders into the middle of the middle table
The writers arrived sat down and began a conversation then Kate joined us and immediately she proclaimed that she could not work with the candle distraction (candles not lit I ought to add) and she moved them without further ado


buy the book at createspace

listen to christopher read on bandcamp