Pages

Thursday 14 March 2013

Silver

Inevitable, is it
That your name should be on my lips
As, with my breath
I blow the mist away
From the mirror of this Monday morning

The Supernaturals
Sing to me to smile
& smile with amusement I do
As if my immaturity
Thank God could never leave me

This silver birch is related
However distant
To the one we clasped, so fleetingly
In the virgin snow
At the edge of the Russian forest

Those trees are of the same strain
As the ones our one son
Photographed on the plaza
At the entrance to the art gallery
In England's burgeoning principality

Trees and mirrors and virgin snow
That I should think of you now
In front of the misty mirror
On an ordinary otherwise Monday morning


From the Collection One Crow to a Tree - Love in Separate Houses available from Lulu