Pages

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Faith, Hope & Love


It isn't about hope, it quite probably isn't about love
Faith too, that’s hardly worth a mention
It is about my physiology, about my psychology
Time I took time to gain more understanding

I hoped you might call, but you didn't
I was expectant, and then excited, but ultimately
I was extremely disappointed
All of that happened while nothing physiological
Outside of my body, ever turned a trick

I wish the physiology was more in tune with my youth
I wish the psychology
Had the maturity of a single, or a thousand lovers
I wish I had been more easily and way better understood

I made the call, talked for a timeless time
Without encouragement nor needless intervention
I wrapped myself in a cocoon, of impenetrable gossamer
All of that happened while nothing psychological
Outside of my mind, ever turned a trick



From the Collection One Crow to a Tree - Love in Separate Houses available from Lulu