Pages

Thursday 16 August 2012

Overlay


The latest dream tries to write over the earlier dream. I work hard to hold on to both recollections.
Now I am walking home in the sunshine, I am beside the campus college library. I can hear her on her mobile phone, her joyous infectious voice bubbles over with enthusiasm. Then I hear her say that she has seen me. She tells whoever it was she has to go.
In the earlier dream I had been in, and part caused, a car accident involving three drivers. I could not remember my home address or other insurance details so I took the two other drivers back to her house. I was upstairs. They stood together talking at the bottom of the stairs. In a strong voice I told them not to talk about it until I was with them. She gave me her address book, open at a page where my details dropped out; they fell and disappeared. I could not find anything about me. I began to panic.


A poem from Nameless Places and Hospital Gowns - Love Cared for by Relate available from iTunes and Amazon