Pages

Thursday 9 August 2012

He’s found you too (we all know a Buddhist)

You know a Buddhist
I know a Buddhist
Our friends know a Buddhist too

And then the meter reader called
The meter reader’s time unfolds

Your friend is going to retreat
My friend he retreated too
He took some time to find himself
And there he then he found you too
And there and then
He found you too

You know Buddhists
I know Buddhists
Our friends know Buddhists too

And then the text machine
Of mine I scrolled
The text machine
Of time unfolds

Your Buddhist friend is going to die
It’s all we ever know
He’s arranged the words
For you to say
Upon his dying day
The never-ending words
For you to say
Upon his dying day or two

You knew a Buddhist
I knew a Buddhist
We all knew Buddhists too

In time lifelong films
Rich picture rolled
Lifelong films
Of past times unfold

Your friend is coming by
That day
A slow opening cocoon

The butterfly
With dual wings
Emerged beneath
The blue sky
Amid the
Orchid meadow

Our lives of love
They never die
They never ever do

You know a Buddhist
I know a Buddhist
We all know Buddhists too

You know a Buddhist
I knew a Buddhist
We all know Buddhists do


From the Collection I Suppose You could Call It Country, available on Kindle