Pages

Tuesday 6 February 2024

It would seem better to stay silent

How

Why

Where

What awfully inappropriate words

The dares of deception they cut my cloth too deep


My mother

Her mother before

I don’t know when they began

The cast iron ranges, ovens by the coal fire

The cares of conception they make my pencil seep


Have you

Do you

Could you care or know

Where these words are heading

What was it, that set them on their way backalong


Tin baths

Hanging rails for the drying

Cast enamel for the baking ovens

The park benches on the loneliest of afternoons

The fares of correction, they fill my pockets deep


My lover

Her lover before

I don’t know when they began

The fast diamond laces, the magic of the gyre

Stares of redemption; only my tears which we weep



Available on Amazon