Pages

Sunday 18 February 2024

A similar but deeper view

That day

A Friday afternoon

You

Home from your work


In excitement you asked

Could I come out

Out with you

Soon


The canvas

Above the fireplace

Sits in the study

Or in the sitting room


Your eyes

Full of life

Full

Of joy


You humour

My trousers

The braced up

Corduroy


Out over the cornfields

The violet hue

A substitute for rapeseed

This season new


My how the Wolds wield

In the late

Then later

Summer’s afternoon


The cloth cut suit

On our date

Worn not one moment

Not one moment too too soon


That way

Dressed for the occasion

The poppies

They are in bloom


And you would say

Hey

Please

Won’t you, please, share my room


Be there

With all of your excitement

To wear

Your love of life


I forgot to mention the tree

In the middle of the picture

Which we photographed

From the edge of the field



Available on Amazon