Pages

Saturday 15 April 2023

Water, Stone, Grass And Sky :: Simple Form

As a younger man I did not go to Oxford, or Cambridge; perhaps someone expected that I would have, or could have, but it was not me; also I think. Most unlikely was it my parents either.

For I was innocently and overwhelmingly happy at Birdsedge County Primary School yet I was incredibly sad, disturbed even, or worse still perhaps at Penistone Grammar School.


Why do I mention Oxford? Well you see I am reading a book Sea Room - An Island Life

I am impressed by the writing; it is of the sort I think I might have learnt, had I gone to Oxford.


I did though go, with my last lover, to the Outer Hebrides, in September 2011. I felt great empathy with the writer Adam Nicholson who was given the Shiant Islands.


Although he was gifted them by his father - an Oxford Man.