Pages

Thursday 13 April 2023

Airport :: Simple Form

I never did become a pilot although I did flirt with the idea of buying a hot air balloon, then, a few years later, my lover of the time gave to me the birthday present of a flying lesson.


So I did take hold of the stick, if that’s the phrase, above the Channel Island of Jersey.

It was a calm day; ten minutes into the flight the instructor handed over the controls and advised me on manoeuvres.


We took in the sights; I was excited, elated, joyful as we circled in the skies above St. Helier, then onto St. Aubin; growing with confidence I responded positively to all I was asked to try, though still with some trepidation.


That was before he said:

'Do you want to land the aeroplane?’


We descended slowly, steadily to begin with, although the ground fair rushed beneath us towards the end; either way we did it, and I felt awfully good about all three of us.



Available from Amazon